The word Thankyou shows your courtesy towards the other person. It reflects your image as humble person and down to earth. In our relations, this word has its own importance. It strengthens our bonds with our loved one’s and gives a new start to our relations by eliminating all our past mistakes and blunders. Celebration of Thanksgiving Day somehow provides an opportunity to those who are hesitant in expressing their feelings of guilt and shame. It is sometimes difficult for some people to accept their mistakes and to say the word sorry to other people. We have a collection of some funny facts about thanksgiving. These are the most hilarious ones that will amaze you and will give you a good laugh. You can share these with your friends and family to enjoy your time filled with fun and laughter.
1) Rabbit, chicken, fish, squashes, nuts, onions, dried fruits, and honey, radishes, carrots, eggs, and goat cheese are thought to have made up the first Thanksgiving feast.
2) The average person consumes 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving Day.
3) Thomas Jefferson thought the concept of Thanksgiving was "the most ridiculous idea I’ve ever heard."
4) 91% of Americans eat turkey on Thanksgiving Day.
5) Sweet potatoes are another popular Thanksgiving side dish.
6) Twenty percent of cranberries eaten are eaten on Thanksgiving.
7) There was no milk, bread, butter or pumpkin pie at the original Thanksgiving Day feast.
8) The first Thanksgiving celebration lasted three days.
9) The average weight of a turkey purchased at Thanksgiving is 15 pounds.
10) The 'wishbone' of the turkey is used in a good luck ritual on Thanksgiving Day.