In a broader sense, animals are of two types. One those are wild and cannot be kept at home as a pet animal. The second class is that that has harmless nature and can be kept as pet animals. This piece of article is about those that are considered as pet. Normally, the animals that we keep our homes at pet animals are like cats, dogs, cows, horses, chicken and ducks. In fact, these pet animals are beneficial for us in different ways. Some provides us milk and meat, some give eggs and some are only a source of protection for us. It does not matter that what is the purpose of keeping animals as pet. The thing to consider is that what are some special facts related to these pet animals that we do not know. Here, is a compilation of such cool and fanny facts about pet animals.
1. Horses and cows sleep while standing up.
2. Cats use their whiskers to check whether a space is too small for them to fit through or not.
3. Because horse’s eyes are on the side of their head they are capable of seeing nearly 360 degrees at one time.
4. Cows are usually red and green color blind.
5. Most ducks are foragers and prefer a variety of foods such as grasses, fish, insects, small amphibians, aquatic plants, small mollusks, and worms.
6. The smartest breeds of dogs are the Jack Russell Terrier and Scottish Border collie.
7. Diving ducks and sea ducks are heavier than dabbling ducks to enable them to forage deeper underwater; they therefore have more difficulty taking off to fly.
8. A chicken can fly for more than 13 seconds at a stretch.
9. Dogs and cats are either right or left-pawed!
10. There is no sideways movement for a cat's jaws.
11. A cow can give far more milk than a human can consume their lifetime. Any guesses? Almost 200,000 glasses full of milk!
12. A male duck is called a drake; a female is called a duck. Babies are called ducklings.
13. The sweat glands of a cow are in its nose.