Undoubtedly, animals have much different behavior and living style than human being. Of course, this is all due to mental power that GOD has granted to only human being. However, in terms of behavior and living style, there are many such facts related to animals that are truly a source of fun for human being. Moreover, many of such facts are really astonishing for human beings as well. In routine life, we see our favorite animals just for sake of fun and children are especially a part of this fun. The animals that most of the children like to see in zoo are like Bear, Elephant, Hippo, Koala, Kangaroo, Lion and Monkey. Here, I have collected some really funny facts about these animals and I am sure that you will be very glad to read these amazing facts about your beloved animals. So, don’t go anywhere and enjoy these funny animals’ facts.
1. Some Bear species can run up to 35 miles per hour for a short period of time.
2. The smallest Monkeys are about 6 inches long and 4 ounces. The largest ones can be up to 3 feet long and weigh up to 77 pounds.
3. The largest known Lion weighed 826 pounds. Lions that live in the wild weigh less than those that are living in captivity.
4. The average life span for an elephant in the wild is from 50 to 70 years. They oldest known elephant in the world lived to be 82 years of age.
5. The heaviest elephant in the world weighed 26,000 pounds.
6. Hippos are able to run along the bottom of the water where they live due to the gravity of their body.
7. The oldest fossils of the Lion are about 3.5 million years old.
8. Kangaroos are the only large animal in the world that get around by hopping. They generally hop at a speed of about 13-15 miles per hour.
9. The Koala has a very slow metabolism. They are known to do nothing for about 18 hours a day.