Some animals fall in the category of ocean life, while some categorized as land animals. In land animals, there are further two categories. One, who could walk and other could not walk, as they are reptiles. I short, there are countless animals that are present in earth planet and they are mandatory even for the survival of human being. Our food chain is incomplete without these animals. These animals are not only beneficial for us, but there are many interesting facts related to these animals. When we read these facts, we become astonished that how much interesting behavior these animals have. If you are also such a true searcher of interesting animal’s facts, then stay here for a while. Here, I have collected some really funny facts about Dolphin Turtle Snapple Snake Ostrich and Owl and I am sure that you will also enjoy these interesting facts as much as me.
1. Sea turtles absorb a lot of salt from the sea water in which they live. They excrete excess salt from their eyes, so it often looks as though they're crying.
2. There are more than 150 species of owls in the world, and some counts indicate more than 220 species depending on how different owls are classified. Only 19 owl species are found in North America.
3. Ostriches are the only bird with two instead of three toes per foot.
4. Turtles have been on the earth for more than 200 million years. They evolved before mammals, birds, crocodiles, snakes and even lizards.
5. There are around 32 species of ocean dolphins and 5 river Dolphins species .Among which Species Orca (killer whale) is the largest and Vaquita being the smallest.
6. Baby snakes are often more dangerous than their parents. While adults carefully ration out their venom, a baby snake lacks such self-control and will unleash a much higher dose of venom in its bite.
7. An owl's eyes are supported by bony eye sockets and they cannot turn their eyes. Instead, owls rotate their heads up to 270 degrees, but they cannot turn their heads all the way around.
8. Ostriches mainly eat plants but they will also eat insects and small animals.
9. The swiftest snake on land is the Black Mamba, a notorious African monster that can reach speeds of up to 12 miles per hour. And they're amongst the most deadly too.