Ocean world is no doubt, a mysterious world and a beloved topic of interest not only for children but for elders as well. Every time, we get some strange information regarding different ocean species. In fact, there are countless creatures that are present in ocean. However, here we are going to talk about some funny facts about whales, sharks and fishes. One more thing that I want to discuss with you is that, it does not mean that how much information already you have about fishes, their species and their habits, you cannot know all about fishes. The reason is that, there are so many fish species are present in ocean world that it is hard to describe all about them. However, the concerning thing is that, i have something new for you and this is about some facts of fishes, whales and sharks. So, enjoy these funny facts about whales, sharks and fishes.
1. Particularly the blue whales and the humpback whales are well known for singing.
2. Sharks have the most powerful jaws on the planet. Unlike most animals' jaws, both the sharks' upper and lower jaws move.
3. There are over 25,000 identified species of fish on the earth.
4. 40% of all fish species inhabit fresh water, yet less than .01% of the earth’s water is fresh water.
5. To rest, whales sleep only half brain so they remember to take air in, otherwise they would drown.
6. In some form, sharks have been around for about 400 million years.
7. It is estimated that there may still be over 15,000 fish species that have not yet been identified.
8. The largest fish is the great whale shark which can reach fifty feet in length.
9. The smallest fish is the Philippine goby that is less than 1/3 of an inch when fully grown.