What do you know about meanings of facts? Actually, the fact is a statement that shows reality. In most common law jurisdictions, the fact reflects the fundamental principles of justice. It is supported by several well-established standards. Matters of fact have various formal definitions under common law jurisdictions. These law facts could be of either nature like about Military, Navy, Army, and Police. All these facts fall under the category of legal facts. Normally, we do not take much interest in law facts and the result comes out in severe loss. That’s why; we must know some about law facts, so that they could be helpful for us in future life. Anyway, today we start this practice in the form of some funny as well as interesting law facts. I am sure that after reading these facts, your interest in getting knowledge about more law facts, would become much more.
1. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
2. It is against the law to slam your car door in Switzerland.
3. In Singapore, it is illegal to sell or own chewing gum.
4. In Italy, it is illegal to craft coffins out of anything but wood or nutshells.
5. In the coastal provinces of Canada it is illegal to shoot a whale from a moving automobile.
6. Since the United Nations was founded in 1945, there have been 140 wars.
7. The first person to die in the electric chair was William Kemmler, an ax murderer from New York on August 6, 1890.
8. The original Declaration of Independence was lost long ago. A copy is what remains on display in Washington, D.C.