Phobia is a fear of any object, place or situation. A situation which is considered to be fearful by one person may not be the same to the other. There is a long list of phobias by which people may suffer. In our everyday routine life, we do so many things, meet so many people and visit different places. Fear can catch you in any of its form. Some phobias may sound funny, wired and strange. Some are very common phobias by which a large majority of people may suffer. It can shatter the confidence of the person making him conservative and introvert. A proper treatment can be helpful to overcome such fears and to take the things in a normal way. Here is a list of some funny phobias and their meanings. You will find this collection funny and unusual. But all of the following phobias affect the lives of the people in some or the other way.
1) Chrematophobia- Fear of money.
2) Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news.
3) Novercaphobia- the fear of stepmothers
4) Ecophobia- It is an unusual and morbid fear of home or one's home surroundings.
5) Gephydrophobia- Fear of crossing bridges.
6) Cyberphobia- Fear of computers or working on a computer.
7) Lachanophobia- It is an unwarranted and irrational fear associated with vegetables.
8) Hendonophobia- This is the fear of feeling pleasure.
9) Haptephobia- Fear of being touched.
10) Bibliophobia- Fear of books.
11) Scolionophobia- Many kids are can be found with this peculiar fear of school, termed as scolionophobia.
12) Arachibutyrophobia- This is the fear of eating peanut butter and having it stick to the roof of your mouth.
13) Lysssophobia- Fear of rabies or of becoming mad.
14) Alektorophobia- Fear of chickens.
15) hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words
16) Scriptophobia- It's a fear of writing in public, wherein the person is over-conscious and nervous whenever he writes.
17) Hydrophobia- Fear of liquids, dampness or moisture.
18) Somniphobia- is the fear of: sleep
19) Anatidaephobia- Fear of being watched by a duck
20) Ablutophobia- Fear of washing or bathing.