Trivia blogs are nothing, but the treasure of knowledge about any particular topic. No doubt, a long range of animal trivia blogs are available at different websites both in the form of facts and question answers. However, if you want to read some really exclusive knowledge about your favorite animals, you have to search hard at different online sites. It is not compulsory always that your desired result will be in front of you in the form of unique information regarding your beloved animal. You know well that cats and dogs are the most widely beloved as well as adoptable animals. So, have you some peculiar type information about cats and dogs. If not then don’t be disappointed and get ready to see the reality of your dream in this blog. Here I have gathered a beautiful collection about funny animal trivia on dogs and cats.
1. According to a recent survey, the most popular name for a dog is Max. Other popular names include Molly, Sam, Zach, and Maggie.
2. Cats are the only four-footed animal, with the exception of camels and giraffes, that walk by moving their front and hind legs first on one side and then the other. Only four cats really roar: lions, tigers, leopards and jaguars.
3. An estimated 1 million dogs in the United States have been named the primary beneficiary in their owner's will.
4. Domestic cats spend about 70% of their day sleeping and 15% of the day grooming. Non-pedigree cats generally liver longer than pedigree cats. Cats were domesticated about 3,000 B.C. in Egypt.
5. Cats have better memories than dogs. Tests conducted by the University of Michigan concluded that while a dogs memory lasts no more than 5 minutes, a cat's can last as long as 16 hours.
6. Dogs have far fewer taste buds than people -- probably fewer than 2,000. It is the smell that initially attracts them to a particular food.
7. Cats have more than one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
8. ach day in the US, animal shelters are forced to destroy 30,000 dogs and cats.
9. Prairie dogs are not dogs. A prairie dog is a kind of rodent.